Irises Art Analysis

 

Irises Art Analysis



History

The iris is a natural example of beauty and elegance, which has been captured in this oil painting Irises, by Ohla Darchuk. Ohla was born Born September 1, 1976 in Krivoy Rog, Ukraine. Through the years, he fell in love with the arts and attended art school in 1986. Throughout his life, he opened and managed many different galleries and art clubs such as "Planet of Happiness" and "Art Rarity". He continues to make alluring pieces in Ukraine to this day, blessing society with his creative work. Irises was created in Ukraine in the year 2019.  


Texture

The physical texture in this painting can be seen even through the image online. The way he painted with heavy brush stokes and large amounts of paint adds character to the work and makes the flowers look as if they are coming off the canvas. I like the way that he uses the element of texture because, while I look at this painting, I can almost feel the flowers in my hands, the waxy petals running between my fingers and the drizzle of the dew atop the leaves. I can only imagine how much more emotion it must bring when observed in person. 


Color

The use of color in this painting makes me feel a sense of joy and peace, as if it were a warm, summer day. The bright, vibrant flowers caught my eye as soon as I saw this piece, and I couldn't help but stare. I think that the striking color choice could be a symbol for hope, or even for a second chance. When I see this work, I think of new life that comes to be at the beginning of summer or end of spring. The long, tedious winter has come to an end, and these flowers show that, no matter how long or hard a time in life may feel, there is always hope for a new tomorrow.  


Tone

Tone is used in this painting to add contrast to the flowers and shadows in the field.  I appreciate the different tones that are used because, in nature, there are many different shades, tones, colors, etc. and with this he was able to give me the feeling of peace that I only feel when I am outdoors. The depth that he is able to convey adds a whole new dimension to this piece, and allows me to cherish it on different levels, making it an incredible work all around. 


Reflection

All the different elements used in this painting are brilliantly combined in a way that is able to convey emotion in the observer. When I look at this painting, I feel joy, peace, and a renewed sense of hope in my soul. The reason I am so drawn to this work is because growing up, I would always go on hikes with my family. We would walk for miles and my favorite part would always be when we came across patches of Irises (my favorite flower). I would always stop and stare, admiring the true beauty that is found in nature. This work captures the emotion I felt then and allows me to experience it all over again. I believe that pieces like this should be found in many different places because, with everything going on in the world, its nice to have a reminder that even though there will be bad days, there is still hope for a better tomorrow and a brighter future. If given the chance, I would love to own a copy of this painting. I want people that come into my home to have the same opportunity as me to enjoy this piece and get a feeling of peace in their busy day-to-day lives. Overall, Irises is an astonishing work of art and should be enjoyed by people all around the world. 


Citations

Artmajeur. (2019). Irises, painting by Olha. Artmajeur Online Art Gallery. Retrieved May 12, 2022

Saatchi Art. Olha Darchuk. Saatchi Art. Retrieved May 12, 2022

Comments

  1. Aleutia, this is a great break down of the elements of art within this piece of art. I really love the texture as well, I agree it is visible even online. I also feel the same emotions; it is serene, joyfully and lovely conveyed in Irises. The only thing I would of liked, was if the image was larger so I could see it more detailed, as I read your remarks. I'd also add that there is some pattern within the brush strokes of the grass blades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oil on canvas. The colors are so vibrant! The backdrop of yellow/orange brings to mind the vast land beyond the irises and teases the viewer. I too am moved by the simplicity and beauty of nature and most enjoy art that plays to this. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Aleutia, this is a wonderful piece of art! I absolutely love the texture of the painting, even though it is a digital copy, agree, you can see the depth of the paint used. To me. irises are a great representation of spring, and they remind me of my grandmother, who had purple irises randomly all over her garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Aleutia,
    First off great post, Second, I really like the layout you used. The texture, the colors and I really like how they use the black in the flower to make the purple pop! When I drive the highway, I used to dig up and transplant irises to my mother's flower garden. The white and yellow in the painting really turns it into a beautiful bright sunny day! Wonderful work! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Aleutaia,
    I have found each of your blogs to have such a well-defined and detailed explanation of the assignments requirements. You elegantly explain the beauty of the iris as well as capturing the attention of your audience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Aleutians

Preferences and Perspectives - The Romantic Era